Are you looking for travel gearbox parts? Do you want to know how to look for them effectively? In this article we will show you how to search for parts not only for excavator final drive but also for other machines using planetary or cycloidal drive.
Did your planetary gear get broken? Hydromotor drive or rotation lost strength and the machine became less efficient? Relax, you’re in a situation where almost every owner of construction equipment was. However, if you do not have much experience in repairs of machine drive systems or you just do not know it, then you need to hire a qualified mechanic or have the machine serviced. Once you find the right mechanic, you just need to find the right travel gearbox parts, final drive or other component. This becomes a hassle if you do not know the proper terminology or names of some parts.
TRAVEL FINAL DRIVE
The travel final drive consists of a travel motor and a gearbox assy. Travel gearbox is a transmission part in which individual rows of drive wheels, intermediate gears, shafts and bearings are located. The diagram shows the design of the planetary gear, the travel gearbox of the Hitachi EX30 mini excavator. In this way, 90% of the excavators of mini excavators weighing up to 4 tons are built, and heavier machines have 2, 3 or even 4 rows of gears. Hence – automatically more bearings and more intermediate gears. Below you’ll find the terminology you should use to successfully find the parts you need.
Naming individual parts of the gearbox assy:
2) floating seals (2 metal sealers and 2 rubber O-rings)
3) main bearing (in the final drive, 1 double-row or 2 single-row is mounted, the bearings are usually ball and angular)
4) travel gearbox nut (nut tightening the bearing)
5) control nipple (counter nut nipple)
6) external housing of the reducer
7) buckshots protecting the final drive
8) side nipples
9) gear wheel, lower row sprocket
10) lower row needle bearing
11) lower row sprocket bushing
12) lower row sprocket washer
13) satellite tightening ring for the pins
14) satellite tightening bolt for the pins
15) sun gear (transmits drive from the upper row to the lower row of gears, satellites)
16) protecting seager
17) upper gear disk (do niego montowane są górne koła zębate)
18) upper gear, sprocket
19) upper row needle bearing
20) upper row bushing
21) upper row securing pin
22) sun shaft
23) satellite tightening ring for the pins
25) safety wire
26) protecting seager
Knowing this naming will save you a lot of time and energy when searching for the necessary parts. You also need to remember to know the exact model of your machine. The catalog number or dimensions of the items you are interested in will also help, as this will help you avoid making mistakes in choosing the right parts.